Monday, April 16, 2007

We're baaaaaaack!!!


As sick and wrong as it may sound, it's actually good to be back from Spring Break and see all our delightful 8th graders again!! We started our first morning back together with a "Show and Tell" slide show of baby Logan! (aka: CUTE!!) It's so good to have "our Bert" back - and after some riveting tales of parenthood, he got right back to work on world geography. (See attached photo if you don't believe me!) The girls challenged themselves with an online geography quiz which tested their ability to correctly identify countries, with graduated levels of difficulty. The hitch seemed to be that one needed to spell the names of countries correctly! Picky, picky, picky!! (If you'd like to test yourselves, here's the link: sheppardsoftware.com ... check out the "geography games." )

Starting midday tomorrow, I will be out of town - I'm headed to Colorado Springs for the national "White Privilege Conference." (For further details, see http://www.uccs.edu/~wpc/) This is a conference I've longed to attend for the past six plus years, and when I realized that I could combine it with a quick visit to my darling grandchildren (Janie - age 9 and Ryan - age 5) who live in Manitou Springs, a Colorado Springs suburb, I MADE IT HAPPEN! I'm eager to apply all I know I'll be encouraged to examine at the conference to our considerations of Power and Innovation in this third and last term of 8th grade.

And then of course, there's our Production! With a bit less than 8 weeks to go, we will be working fast and furiously to create our envisioned masterpiece. Be sure that your calendars are well marked for our grand premiere: Friday Night...June 8th at the Museum of Flight's Allen Theatre...doors open at 6...cameras roll at 6:30 sharp!